|The sexton tends
to the late autumn beauty in bloom around the Nassau Christian Center
at 26 Nassau Street. Known as St. Andrews Presbyterian Church until the
1970s, the cornerstone of the majestic structure was laid on
August 14, 1867 and the building was dedicated on December 14, 1868.
The sanctuary was uproariously overpacked when the "greatest evangelist
of the 19th century" D.L. Moody and sidekick gospel singer Ira
Sankey, "The Sweet Singer of Methodism," presented their
memorable, evangelical revival here in 1876.